Independent studio Camouflaj announced today that the second of five installments in the critically acclaimed game République is available now on the App Store. Envisioned and executed by industry veterans behind such AAA games as F.E.A.R., Halo 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4, and designed specifically for iOS, République brings console-quality gameplay and graphics to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
“In classic Camouflaj fashion, we opted to go beyond simply telling the next chapter of our story,” said Jeremy Romanowski, artist at Camouflaj. “Episode 2 introduces a dozen new features including a new 3D map, a new guard type and new OMNI abilities, not to mention dozens of enhancements to the first episode. This is a big release.”
Following the two-year development of Episode 1: Exordium, the Bellevue-based development team wasted no time in creating Episode 2, honing its vision to deliver on three key areas: exploration, puzzles, and a deeper connection to Hope. At the heart of the experience is the airy, moonlit library – a labyrinthine environment that spans over 13,000 square feet. Camouflaj worked closely with Unity experts and pushed the hardware to its limits.
“Even though Episode 2’s environments are huge, our goal was to craft a more intimate experience,” said veteran République developer Greg Raab. “After winning the IMGA award for ‘Excellence in Narrative’ at GDC, the team has even greater confidence in our ability to convey epic experiences via our One Touch gameplay.”
Episode 2: Metamorphosis will be unlocked as a £2.99 in-app purchase on May 1 and is available now for owners of the Season Pass, a discounted episode bundle pack with exclusive content including an hour-long documentary and one hundred developer commentary clips. Camouflaj plans to release the remaining episodes in three to four-month intervals.
Episode 2’s features include:
Available in French, German, Spanish, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese, the second episode République is available for £2.99, exclusively on the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Metamorphosis Library: A stunning new environment that pushes the iOS hardware
- Three Mind-Bending Puzzles: Created in collaboration with Kostya Stankevych, creator of Blueprint 3D
- 3D Map: A stunning 3D representation of Metamorphosis – one of the most requested features – is added to Episodes 1 and 2
- ARC Prizrak: A new guard type with randomized patrol routes and protective armor
- New OMNI Abilities: New voyeuristic abilities enable the player to see through walls and monitor Prizrak patrol routes
- Improved Performance: Optimized performance gains from Unity 4.5, most notably on iPhone 4, iPad mini and iPad 2
- EP2 Soundtrack: All new soundtrack from composer Zinc LeMone
- Part 3 of Video Documentary: A candid look at the development of Episode 2 is available as a free download for Season Pass owners