Bringing land battles to the war simulator has been anticipated for some time, with the current state of the game focusing on dog fights and bombing runs. Tanks are a popular addition to other online war simulators and hopefully Gaijin can make the land battles as exciting and intense as the aerial combat has been so far.
The beta participation is open for anyone who has purchased a battle tank pack from War Thunder’s in-game store, with the game looking to go into open beta at a later date.
The beta times were posted by Gaijin Entertainment from their website, but for anyone interested:
Current Test Schedule
◦ Monday - 01:00 GMT - 07:00 GMT
◦ Tuesday - 13:00 GMT - 19:00 GMT
◦ Wednesday - 01:00 GMT - 07:00 GMT
◦ Thursday - 13:00 GMT - 19:00 GMT
◦ Friday - 01:00 GMT - 07:00 GMT
◦ Saturday - 11:00 GMT - 16:00 GMT
◦ Sunday 1:00 GMT - 07:00 GMT & 11:00 GMT - 16:00 GMT
I’m looking forward to seeing how the ground force gameplay feels on the Playstation 4, with War Thunder being one of the best free-to-play games out there, and a blast on the next generation Sony console.