With incredible games for the adventurer, thrill-seeker and speed demon within us all, Xbox One is poised to deliver a spectacular games lineup, including the following:
- “Assassin’s Creed Unity” (Ubisoft, Ubisoft). “Assassin’s Creed Unity” is the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, in an epic single-player campaign or team together in four-player co-op and experience the life of a master assassin together with your friends. The French Revolution has turned a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. Embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the revolution.
- “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” (Sledgehammer Games, Activision). Penned by the storytellers at Sledgehammer Games, “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” envisions a powerful future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” delivers stunning next-gen visuals and innovative exoskeleton gameplay that fundamentally changes how players experience “Call of Duty” across all modes of play. Harnessing the first three-year development cycle in franchise history, “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” represents a new era for the franchise. All add-on content will again be available first, exclusively on Xbox.
- “Crackdown” (Dave Jones, Microsoft Studios). The groundbreaking, hyperpowered world of “Crackdown” is back in stunning fashion with an all-new “Crackdown” experience for Xbox One. Developed by original creator Dave Jones, “Crackdown” on Xbox One will deliver unrivaled verticality, cooperative mayhem and destruction. Whether you’re playing the Campaign with friends or enjoying a revolutionary new multiplayer experience powered by Xbox Live, you’ll never look at an open-world game the same way again.
- “D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die” (Access Games, Microsoft Studios). From the creators of “Deadly Premonition,” the noir adventure “D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die” launches later this year exclusively for Xbox One. Follow the story of Detective David Young, who has the curious ability to dive back in time, and use the power of Kinect or your controller to help David solve the mystery of his murdered wife and prevent it from ever occurring.
- “Dance Central Spotlight” (Harmonix Music Systems, Microsoft Studios). “Dance Central Spotlight” is the newest game in the award-winning “Dance Central” series, bringing authentic dance routines, chart-topping music and the characters you love exclusively to the Xbox One. With an all-new soundtrack, more than 50 songs available as add-on content at launch, more routines per song than ever before and a 1- to 2-player dance experience updated for the Xbox One, “Dance Central Spotlight” is the next generation of motion dance games. Step up for your turn in the spotlight.
- “Dragon Age: Inquisition” (BioWare, Electronic Arts). A cataclysmic event plunges the land of Thedas into turmoil. It falls to you and your party of legendary heroes to restore order as you lead the Inquisition, hunting down the agents of chaos. Bonds will form — and some will break — as the campaign for truth takes its toll.
- “Evolve” (Turtle Rock Studios, 2K). From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of “Left 4 Dead,” comes “Evolve,” the next generation of multiplayer shooters where four Hunters face off against a single, player-controlled Monster in adrenaline-pumping four-versus-one matches. Play as one of four Hunter classes (Trapper, Support, Assault and Medic) and team up to take down the beast, or choose to play as the Monster and use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to human and monster alike. Level up to unlock new Hunter or Monster characters as well as upgrades, skins and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
- “Fable Legends” (Lionhead Studios, Microsoft Studios). “Fable Legends” innovates on the franchise’s well-loved world of magic, humour and high adventure, delivering a unique experience that feels familiar for fans, yet new and vibrant. Featuring stunning visuals brought to life by Xbox One and Unreal Engine 4, “Fable Legends” lets you play cooperatively with your friends as a team of up to four heroes, each with their own play style, or become the Villain and control the reins of battle from on high. Sign up today to register interest in the multiplayer beta, which begins this fall, at FableLegends.com.
- “Forza Horizon 2” (Playground Games, Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios). Arriving in the U.S. on Sept. 30, “Forza Horizon 2” allows you to race through a massive wide-open world featuring dramatic weather and day-to-night cycles. Instantly connect with friends in the ultimate celebration of speed, style and action-packed driving while exploring beautiful and exotic locations in more than 200 of the world’s greatest cars — all created with precise detail in stunning 1080p resolution on Xbox One.
- “Forza Motorsport 5” (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios). “Forza Motorsport 5” is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world’s greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing. Arriving for free to “Forza Motorsport 5” owners this June is the new-generation debut of the Nürburgring track, which has been laser scanned with subcentimeter accuracy, resulting in the most beautiful and realistically exhilarating racing experience yet.5
- “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios). Available this holiday season for “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” owners, the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta will allow fans to be among the first to experience a new generation of “Halo” multiplayer in “Halo 5: Guardians.” Gear up for the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta by unlocking exclusive content in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” and “Halo: Nightfall,” which will carry over into “Halo 5: Guardians” when it launches in 2015.4
- “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios). Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, the Master Chief’s entire story is brought together as “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.” “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary,” “Halo 2 Anniversary,” “Halo 3,” and “Halo 4” are all included with Xbox One visual fidelity, 60 fps, a total of 45 campaign missions, and more than 100 multiplayer (including the original “Halo: Combat Evolved”) maps and Spartan Ops maps. Along with new prologue and epilogue cut scenes that foreshadow “Halo 5: Guardians,” this is the collection “Halo” fans have been waiting for, all on Xbox One.4
- “Happy Wars” for Xbox One (Toylogic, Microsoft Studios). “Happy Wars,” the popular free-to-play online multiplayer action game, is coming to Xbox One later this year.2 “Happy Wars” for Xbox One will feature a story-driven campaign mode and action-packed multiplayer modes for up to 30 players. Enter the fray as one of the six player character classes — Warrior, Mage, Cleric, Berserker, Zephyr or Engineer — each with different tactical strengths. Work together as a team to take down the enemy team and conquer its castle.
- “Killer Instinct” (Iron Galaxy, Microsoft Studios). Following a successful first season of the revived fighter series, “Killer Instinct” returns once more and is better than ever. Created by renowned developer Iron Galaxy, Season 2 of “Killer Instinct” will feature a new roster of refreshed characters that longtime fans will know and love with an enhanced combo system and killer gameplay, exclusively for Xbox One.
- “Ori and the Blind Forest” (Moon Studios, Microsoft Studios). Venture with Ori, a young orphan destined for heroics, in this action-packed adventure for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Play through an amazingly beautiful and emotional journey as you help Ori save his dying forest of Nibel.
- “Phantom Dust” (Microsoft Studios). As one of Xbox’s original fan-favorite games, “Phantom Dust” resurfaces with all-new gameplay and beautifully remade graphics. Relive the story of the Espers — a group of humans with the ability to control the dust to create powerful combat arsenals — in this action-strategy game coming exclusively to Xbox One.
- “Project Spark” (Team Dakota, Microsoft Studios). The highly anticipated “Project Spark” brings imagination to life in an open-world digital canvas game, transitioning from current beta to full release on Xbox One and Windows 8 this fall. With a powerful creation engine, downloadable content packs and multiplatform functionality, “Project Spark” gives players the power to create their own worlds, stories and games and then share and play their creations with a dynamic global community of fellow creators.
- “Rise of the Tomb Raider” (Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix). In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Featuring epic, high-octane action moments, “Rise of the Tomb Raider” will take gamers to multiple locations around the world filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth. In addition, after hearing the cry from fans loud and clear, the game will put the tombs back into “Tomb Raider,” all in the franchise’s gritty Survival-Action style.
- “Scalebound” (Platinum Games, Microsoft Studios). The next great adventure from critically acclaimed developer Platinum Games and renowned game director Hideki Kamiya, “Scalebound” transports you to a distant, hostile world. You’ll come face to face with fearsome creatures, including a formidable dragon — and the bond you forge with this awesome predator will prove crucial to the survival of both worlds.
- “Sunset Overdrive” (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios). Launching globally starting in the U.S. on Oct. 28, exclusively on Xbox One, “Sunset Overdrive” is a stylized open-world shooter filled with overpowered weapons, crazed mutants and a sprawling city full of carnage. Experience a deep, action-packed campaign or jump seamlessly into an eight-player online mode called Chaos Squad, powered by Xbox Live. With an arsenal of kickass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper-agility, it isn’t the end of days for you — your story is just beginning.
- “Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition” (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft). Available for download on Xbox One today, “Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition” adds an all-new, four-player, co-op arcade mode to “Dead Rising 3.” Play as past and present “Dead Rising” heroes or cosplay as your favorite Capcom characters to use their signature attacks and supermoves to save the city from zombie hordes, dangerous shadow bosses and giant superzombies. Compete for the top score, unlock new characters and fight for survival in true Capcom style!
- “Tom Clancy’s The Division” (Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft). A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City and one by one, basic services fail. In only days without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails. Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it.
- “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” (CD Projekt RED). “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” is a unique combination of nonlinear storytelling and open world — a fantasy RPG focused on player choice, tactical combat and an immersive environment. Spinning the tale of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster hunter, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” aims to attract gamers with a mature and compelling game narrative told as no other has been told before. With more than 100 hours of hand-crafted core and side quest gameplay, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” redefines the genre, shaping the next generation of RPGs.