After battling the risen dead in Guacamelee and trying to eat the world with Mutant Blobs Attack it should be time for DrinkBox Studio to sit back and rest for a while....
5 Minutes later
Now that rest is done we are happy to share with you the first trailer for the Toronto Based studio's latest title Severed. From the trailer below it looks like a whole bundle of awesome with a great soundtrack thrown in. We will be keeping an eye out for this game.
Severed follows the saga of a distraught warrior, lost in a fantastical world, as she knits together pieces of her story from both the past and the future. As the heroine, players will embark on a journey through a surreal, nonlinear world by using a gesture-based combat mechanic to defeat enemies in this first-person adventure. During their journey, players will unlock new abilities, discover secrets of the land, and grow in power as they master both offensive and defensive techniques.
- Take on the role of a heroine in this first-person, dungeon crawleresque adventure
- Mysterious highly stylized surreal world to explore
- Natural-motion based mechanics to combat enemies and explore/interact with the world
- Nonlinear gameplay gives players autonomy over upgrade paths
- Light RPG elements, including spells and items that progressively upgrade the main character
- Battle multiple enemies simultaneously, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to discover
- Original soundtrack from Juno nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN and kulintang ensemble Pantayo