With incredible games for the adventurer, thrill-seeker and speed demon within us all, Xbox One is poised to deliver a spectacular games lineup, including the following:
- “Assassin’s Creed Unity” (Ubisoft, Ubisoft). “Assassin’s Creed Unity” is the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, in an epic single-player campaign or team together in four-player co-op and experience the life of a master assassin together with your friends. The French Revolution has turned a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. Embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the revolution.
- “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” (Sledgehammer Games, Activision). Penned by the storytellers at Sledgehammer Games, “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” envisions a powerful future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” delivers stunning next-gen visuals and innovative exoskeleton gameplay that fundamentally changes how players experience “Call of Duty” across all modes of play. Harnessing the first three-year development cycle in franchise history, “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” represents a new era for the franchise. All add-on content will again be available first, exclusively on Xbox.
- “Crackdown” (Dave Jones, Microsoft Studios). The groundbreaking, hyperpowered world of “Crackdown” is back in stunning fashion with an all-new “Crackdown” experience for Xbox One. Developed by original creator Dave Jones, “Crackdown” on Xbox One will deliver unrivaled verticality, cooperative mayhem and destruction. Whether you’re playing the Campaign with friends or enjoying a revolutionary new multiplayer experience powered by Xbox Live, you’ll never look at an open-world game the same way again.
- “D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die” (Access Games, Microsoft Studios). From the creators of “Deadly Premonition,” the noir adventure “D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die” launches later this year exclusively for Xbox One. Follow the story of Detective David Young, who has the curious ability to dive back in time, and use the power of Kinect or your controller to help David solve the mystery of his murdered wife and prevent it from ever occurring.
- “Dance Central Spotlight” (Harmonix Music Systems, Microsoft Studios). “Dance Central Spotlight” is the newest game in the award-winning “Dance Central” series, bringing authentic dance routines, chart-topping music and the characters you love exclusively to the Xbox One. With an all-new soundtrack, more than 50 songs available as add-on content at launch, more routines per song than ever before and a 1- to 2-player dance experience updated for the Xbox One, “Dance Central Spotlight” is the next generation of motion dance games. Step up for your turn in the spotlight.
- “Dragon Age: Inquisition” (BioWare, Electronic Arts). A cataclysmic event plunges the land of Thedas into turmoil. It falls to you and your party of legendary heroes to restore order as you lead the Inquisition, hunting down the agents of chaos. Bonds will form — and some will break — as the campaign for truth takes its toll.
- “Evolve” (Turtle Rock Studios, 2K). From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of “Left 4 Dead,” comes “Evolve,” the next generation of multiplayer shooters where four Hunters face off against a single, player-controlled Monster in adrenaline-pumping four-versus-one matches. Play as one of four Hunter classes (Trapper, Support, Assault and Medic) and team up to take down the beast, or choose to play as the Monster and use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to human and monster alike. Level up to unlock new Hunter or Monster characters as well as upgrades, skins and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
- “Fable Legends” (Lionhead Studios, Microsoft Studios). “Fable Legends” innovates on the franchise’s well-loved world of magic, humour and high adventure, delivering a unique experience that feels familiar for fans, yet new and vibrant. Featuring stunning visuals brought to life by Xbox One and Unreal Engine 4, “Fable Legends” lets you play cooperatively with your friends as a team of up to four heroes, each with their own play style, or become the Villain and control the reins of battle from on high. Sign up today to register interest in the multiplayer beta, which begins this fall, at FableLegends.com.
- “Forza Horizon 2” (Playground Games, Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios). Arriving in the U.S. on Sept. 30, “Forza Horizon 2” allows you to race through a massive wide-open world featuring dramatic weather and day-to-night cycles. Instantly connect with friends in the ultimate celebration of speed, style and action-packed driving while exploring beautiful and exotic locations in more than 200 of the world’s greatest cars — all created with precise detail in stunning 1080p resolution on Xbox One.
- “Forza Motorsport 5” (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios). “Forza Motorsport 5” is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world’s greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing. Arriving for free to “Forza Motorsport 5” owners this June is the new-generation debut of the Nürburgring track, which has been laser scanned with subcentimeter accuracy, resulting in the most beautiful and realistically exhilarating racing experience yet.5
- “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios). Available this holiday season for “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” owners, the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta will allow fans to be among the first to experience a new generation of “Halo” multiplayer in “Halo 5: Guardians.” Gear up for the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta by unlocking exclusive content in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” and “Halo: Nightfall,” which will carry over into “Halo 5: Guardians” when it launches in 2015.4
- “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios). Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, the Master Chief’s entire story is brought together as “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.” “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary,” “Halo 2 Anniversary,” “Halo 3,” and “Halo 4” are all included with Xbox One visual fidelity, 60 fps, a total of 45 campaign missions, and more than 100 multiplayer (including the original “Halo: Combat Evolved”) maps and Spartan Ops maps. Along with new prologue and epilogue cut scenes that foreshadow “Halo 5: Guardians,” this is the collection “Halo” fans have been waiting for, all on Xbox One.4
- “Happy Wars” for Xbox One (Toylogic, Microsoft Studios). “Happy Wars,” the popular free-to-play online multiplayer action game, is coming to Xbox One later this year.2 “Happy Wars” for Xbox One will feature a story-driven campaign mode and action-packed multiplayer modes for up to 30 players. Enter the fray as one of the six player character classes — Warrior, Mage, Cleric, Berserker, Zephyr or Engineer — each with different tactical strengths. Work together as a team to take down the enemy team and conquer its castle.
- “Killer Instinct” (Iron Galaxy, Microsoft Studios). Following a successful first season of the revived fighter series, “Killer Instinct” returns once more and is better than ever. Created by renowned developer Iron Galaxy, Season 2 of “Killer Instinct” will feature a new roster of refreshed characters that longtime fans will know and love with an enhanced combo system and killer gameplay, exclusively for Xbox One.
- “Ori and the Blind Forest” (Moon Studios, Microsoft Studios). Venture with Ori, a young orphan destined for heroics, in this action-packed adventure for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Play through an amazingly beautiful and emotional journey as you help Ori save his dying forest of Nibel.
- “Phantom Dust” (Microsoft Studios). As one of Xbox’s original fan-favorite games, “Phantom Dust” resurfaces with all-new gameplay and beautifully remade graphics. Relive the story of the Espers — a group of humans with the ability to control the dust to create powerful combat arsenals — in this action-strategy game coming exclusively to Xbox One.
- “Project Spark” (Team Dakota, Microsoft Studios). The highly anticipated “Project Spark” brings imagination to life in an open-world digital canvas game, transitioning from current beta to full release on Xbox One and Windows 8 this fall. With a powerful creation engine, downloadable content packs and multiplatform functionality, “Project Spark” gives players the power to create their own worlds, stories and games and then share and play their creations with a dynamic global community of fellow creators.
- “Rise of the Tomb Raider” (Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix). In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Featuring epic, high-octane action moments, “Rise of the Tomb Raider” will take gamers to multiple locations around the world filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth. In addition, after hearing the cry from fans loud and clear, the game will put the tombs back into “Tomb Raider,” all in the franchise’s gritty Survival-Action style.
- “Scalebound” (Platinum Games, Microsoft Studios). The next great adventure from critically acclaimed developer Platinum Games and renowned game director Hideki Kamiya, “Scalebound” transports you to a distant, hostile world. You’ll come face to face with fearsome creatures, including a formidable dragon — and the bond you forge with this awesome predator will prove crucial to the survival of both worlds.
- “Sunset Overdrive” (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios). Launching globally starting in the U.S. on Oct. 28, exclusively on Xbox One, “Sunset Overdrive” is a stylized open-world shooter filled with overpowered weapons, crazed mutants and a sprawling city full of carnage. Experience a deep, action-packed campaign or jump seamlessly into an eight-player online mode called Chaos Squad, powered by Xbox Live. With an arsenal of kickass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper-agility, it isn’t the end of days for you — your story is just beginning.
- “Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition” (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft). Available for download on Xbox One today, “Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition” adds an all-new, four-player, co-op arcade mode to “Dead Rising 3.” Play as past and present “Dead Rising” heroes or cosplay as your favorite Capcom characters to use their signature attacks and supermoves to save the city from zombie hordes, dangerous shadow bosses and giant superzombies. Compete for the top score, unlock new characters and fight for survival in true Capcom style!
- “Tom Clancy’s The Division” (Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft). A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City and one by one, basic services fail. In only days without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails. Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it.
- “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” (CD Projekt RED). “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” is a unique combination of nonlinear storytelling and open world — a fantasy RPG focused on player choice, tactical combat and an immersive environment. Spinning the tale of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster hunter, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” aims to attract gamers with a mature and compelling game narrative told as no other has been told before. With more than 100 hours of hand-crafted core and side quest gameplay, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” redefines the genre, shaping the next generation of RPGs.
Any time you transition to a new platform, there is the opportunity to look at things with a new perspective. For us at 343 Industries, the launch of the Xbox One was an opportunity to think about what stories we wanted to tell, how to tell them, and how best to push the Halo franchise to showcase the platform. And maybe, most importantly, combining our passion for Halo with the vocal and informative input from our fans.
When Xbox first announced the One tournament it seemed intriguing but little did we know that One of our own was so deep into some cryptid crushing that he would get featured in the competition. Those who have played with Steph will know his prowess but fro everyone else the video below will give you some idea of what you get with our resident "TheOneExtinction"
For more information on the One Campaign follow this Competition Link.
p.s. views help so get watching.
JET CAR STUNTS for PSN (PlayStation®3), Vita (PlayStation®Vita) and XBLA (Xbox360) is due to follow shortly. JET CAR STUNTS is also planned for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One®.
About JET CAR STUNTS!
Today, Microsoft and Crytek have announced the release of "Duel of Fates," the third downloadable content package for "Ryse: Son of Rome."
Save up to 75% on Games on Demand, Movies and more on Xbox 360 - the Xbox Live Spring Sale Starts Today
Today sees the start of the Xbox Live Spring Sale, where Xbox Live members can enjoy great offers on a huge range of Xbox 360 content, including Games on Demand, Add-ons, Xbox Live Arcade games, movies and more.
By Matt Taylor
Today, Microsoft launched ‘The One Campaign’, inviting UK gamers to take part in a series of challenges designed to put their skills to the test. Five of Britain’s biggest YouTube stars have designed the challenges based on their favourite Xbox One games, and have laid down the gauntlet for gamers to submit their best clips via Upload.
The One at Sniping
Gamers have until 11.59PM, Friday 2nd May 2014, to submit their Upload clips, with more challenges and YouTube stars to be announced soon.
By Steph Dumont
Less than two weeks until Respawn's Titanfall drops! Weeks after the beta and with the all the chat across Facebook and Twitter, I for one am super excited for the full package deal now.
All that slow-mo and EXPLOSIONS! GIMME!
Trailer following at 1080p 60fps (but we're not having that discussion anymore).
Enable FULLSCREEN and VOLUME UP!
UK’s Best Call of Duty® Players Head to Los Angeles for the Call of Duty® Championship, presented by Xbox
The best Call of Duty® players from across Europe descended on London this past weekend to battle it out in the Call of Duty® European Championships. 26 teams from the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and the rest of Europe went head-to-head for a chance to represent their country at the Call of Duty® Championship, presented by Xbox being held 28th-30th March 2014 in Los Angeles for a share of the tournament’s $1 million total prize purse.
The full list of teams to qualify from Europe are:
By Steph Dumont
Feel the need to head back to Paradise City for some old school boosting? (It's def in my stack of games to go back to)
If the answer is YES then you may been in for a treat as Criterion have today made the Legendary Car DLC available to download on the Xbox 360 for FREE in honour of Harold Ramis, who played Egon in the Ghostbusters films.
The Legendary Car DLC gives you the chance to boost away through the streets of Paradise City in a Hunter Manhattan Spirit made to look like the Ecto 1 and also includes the Jansen 88 Special, Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger and the Carson GT Nighthawk.
Available now on the Xbox Live Marketplace and you can set it to download later if you're otherwise engaged on your Xbox One via the link here, http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Burnout-Paradise-Legendary-Cars-Collection/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-000645410806?cid=search
This guy got some rad air.
Unfolding across iconic Gotham City locations, including Wayne Manor, Cold, Cold Heart equips players with the powerful Batman Extreme Environment (XE) suit and new gadgets including the Thermal Gloves and Thermocharged Batarangs. The game introduces several hours of all-new content in which players will battle through punishing, icy landscapes to witness Mr. Freeze's heart-pumping first encounter with the Dark Knight.
When it comes to Comic Book crossovers Rocksteady's Batamn was king of the hill. It captured the soul of the character and his erratic adversaries.
Then last year Batman moved to the Portable gaming world in the shape of Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. This title however is now coming to a home system near you and from the look of things with a bit of a makeover to boot.
Below are some more details along with some screens and the all important announce trailer feast your senses Bat fans.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition for the PlayStation®3 system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii U™ system and PC. Developed by Armature Studio, the same team behind Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for handheld, the game delivers the same dynamic story and gameplay, now in high-definition. Fans will be able to purchase the game from 2nd April on the PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, Nintendo eShop and Steam for £15.99.
By Steph Dumont
Head ups everybody! Invites are being sent over Xbox Live messages to preview the next Xbox One Update! The official word over on Xbox Wire:
"The team is working hard to deliver some exciting updates in March that will make Xbox One even better. But in order to ensure our customers have the best experience on Xbox One and Xbox Live, we need the help of our passionate community.
Beginning today, Xbox is inviting select Xbox Live members to preview new features coming to Xbox One in a March system update and future system updates as they become available, asking them to provide valuable feedback before the updates are implemented worldwide. Selected participants will receive a message over Xbox Live with a code to register. The next system update will begin rolling out next week to those who will preview the new features. Once registered, participants will be able to test the early features included in the update and provide feedback on a private forum and can opt out of future waves.
Like Marc Whitten announced last week, the updates coming in March will significantly improve the multiplayer and party experiences on Xbox One. We’re counting on our fans to share their input as we’re putting the final touches on the new features that we plan to deliver in early March.
Thanks for helping make Xbox One even better. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the system updates whether you are participating in the preview or not. We love to hear from you."
Woohoo! Updates! Lovely lovely updates! Let us know if you manage to get it and let us know what's going on in the inner workings.
By Steph Dumont
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut is coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One next month.
Originally released on PC platforms last year, the space combat game puts players into a transformable mecha starfighter and allows you to engage in some serious space combat featuring dozens of intersteller units. The Director's Cut boasts updated graphics, a restructured campaign, previously-released DLC and extra ships to pilot.
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut will be released digitally via the Playstation Network and Xbox Live and is looking to be priced at £14.99 with a PC release for the Director's Cut coming later.
I don't know about you but I haven't engaged in any space combat of this kind since Dark Star One and Project Sylpheed on the Xbox 360 which really didn't do much to sway me back to this genre. With No Man's Sky and Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut in the pipeline, can space combat be making a big comeback on consoles perhaps? I hope so.
Check out the trailer below. Those visuals and that soundtrack! Much wow. You have my complete attention.
Matt Looks into thIs weeks DLC news from BF4
DICE have finally announced that they are releasing their second and third DLC packages for PC, Xbox360 and Playstation users.
DICE have received a lot of pressure from the community for holding off on releasing Second Assault for PC and Playstation, with some asking if the wait is due to the problems with the game and the focus the developer has put into updates to attempt to fix issues. After the release of Second Assault on Xbox the game had a lot of work put into it to improve the overall experience after poor post launch stability and multiple gameplay issues.
The third DLC package, Naval Strike, will be available sometime in late March for all platforms. Initially only available to Premium members, the pack will include new weapons, new gadgets and a new multiplayer game mode. The new game mode, which DICE are calling Carrier Assault, is a revamped and modernised (instead of futuristic) Titan mode, a fan favourite from Battlefield 2142.
In this expansion, you’ll experience intense water-based combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. You’ll have access to new weapons, gadgets, and amphibious vehicles, and four all-new maps – Lost Island, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker, and Operation Mortar. Offical Battlefield Blog
Things might not be going according to plan for DICE; after almost three months for the content to go multi-platform, only to get a double up only a month apart.
Putting all this aside, I’m genuinely excited for Titan mode. Attacking objectives to weaken a central target followed by boarding and destroying an enemy aircraft carrier: Battlefield bliss. Lets hope they can pull this off.
More information will be available from DICE as we get closer to the release date for Naval Strike.
I think if I hit refresh once more on my Gmail inbox my phone may pack up its charger and leave home. Things have been made worse by the fact Steph has a code for the XboxOne version of Titanfall. I say worse because I'm petty and a bit jealous.
Anyway thankfully he has thrown the non Beta particpants a bone with some gameplay video, So sit back and drool at this clip of Mech related goodness.
For full disclosure this post was created by Paul and yes I am a bitter Muppet and proud of the fact.
Bound by Flame, the most ambitious RPG to date from Spiders studios due for release on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and PCin Q2 2014, is revealed today in meticulous detail in a new video! After a thrilling Epic Story Trailer that described the universe and the back story of the title, this trailer focuses on the game mechanics, the hero's human/demon duality, combat, the bestiary, the "craft" system and much more.
When it comes to building relationships what better than Lego? It can easily be crafted in to whatever you desire, changed at will and most of all repaired when broken.
If real love was as good as versatile as Lego then we would all live in a happier world.
Anyway enough with the mushy stuff. Our odd head shaped head friends are back and this time they are bringing a Movie. The simultaneous release of The Lego Movie and its game is a great move by Warner Brothers and if the past is anything to go by this game will be a top hit along with the film.
Below are some pictures along with a full release.
Harness the powers of the master builders to become an extraordinary LEGO gamer in this action-packed, family-friendly adventure
Step into a LEGO® game unlike any other and become a true Master Builder! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced The LEGO Movie Videogame available in UK retail stores now for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita, Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held, and Windows PC.
Wargaming today announced that “World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition” is now available globally. Custom built specifically for the Xbox 360, “World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition” brings World of Tanks’ trademark team-based tactical online tank warfare action and free-to-play accessibility to the 48 million Xbox Live gamers around the globe.