The link between entertainment industry's has never been as a strong. We live in an interconnected media paradise and thankfully MCM London is going to give visitors a vast amount of content over the weekend in which to feast their senses. Below is a list of some of the gaming Highlights which we will be reporting on over the weekend.
MCM London Comic Con returns to ExCel London this weekend for the UK's biggest and best celebration of pop. culture, and there'll be plenty of games-related goodness on offer alongside all the films, sci-fi, comic books, anime and cosplay - including top publishers, an expanded eSports offering and brand new indie developers' zone. Here's a taste of what you can expect at the show:
- Tecmo Koei - Games on Tecmo Koei's stand will include Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn and Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland. The publisher is also bringing a host of exclusive items to MCM London Comic Con, including figurines and artwork.
- Bandai Namco - Games at the show include Ace Combat Infinity, Tales of Xillia 2, Soul Calibur Lost Sword, Grid Autosport, One Piece Unlimited World Red, PAC-MAN And The Ghostly Adventures andNaruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution.
- Nintendo - Nintendo will be showcasing Mario Kart 8, running exclusive mini tournaments across the comic con weekend. The publisher will also be hosting a pop-up shop, featuring exclusive items from the Official Nintendo UK Online store.
- Capcom - Capcom UK is planning a weekend of gaming goodness, including a Street Fighter arena where visitors can battle in Ultra Street Fighter IV and a Monster Hunter gathering with games, prizes, Monster Hunter merchandise and more.
- 2K Games - 2K's big title at MCM London Comic Con will be sci-fi co-operative first-person shooter Evolve from Turtle Rock Studios, the team that brought us Left 4 Dead.
- Rising Star Games - Games coming to the show include Cloudbuilt and Hometown Story.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - Titles on display include two LEGO-licensed games that suit comic con down to the ground: LEGO Hobbit and LEGO Marvel.
- Jagex Games Studio - Highly anticipated browser-based MMO Transformers Universe and much-loved fantasy MMO Runescape can both be found over on the Jagex stand.
- Reef Entertainment - Games that Reef will be showing visitors include Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection.
- Square Enix and Konami will also be attending the show with a range of merchandise.
- For the first time, MCM London Comic Con will be showcasing the work of independent games developers in a dedicated zone - Go Indie Games. Titles to check out include Salvage (Mad Fellows);Eden Star (Flix Interactive); LA Cops (Modern Dream); Minutes (Red Phantom Games); Tengami (Nyan Nyan); Lumo Deliveries Inc. (Lumo Developments); Overruled (Dlala Studios); Deep Loot (Monster and Monster); Morphopolis (Micro Macro Games) and TerraTech from eponymously-named devs TerraTech.
- As well as a host of great games, bandai Namco are bringing a pair of special guests to the show; both Tales of... series producer Hideo Baba and Ace Combat Infinity producer Kazutoki Kono will be meeting fans and presenting onstage panels.
- Cast and crew from Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist will present an exclusive panel on the new live action series based on the iconic fighting game franchise. Produced in association with Capcom US A and debuting on Machinima on Friday 23 May, Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist will later be released on DVD/Blu-ray and shown as a TV mini-series.
- While best known for caartoon roles, top voice actors Wendee Lee, Phil LaMarr and Greg Cipes have all voiced videogame characters. Phil LaMarr (Futurama, Samurai Jack) has appeared in the Metal Gear franchise and Final Fantasy XII; Wendee Lee (Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop) has appeared in the .hack, Dynasty Warriors and Dead or Alive series, and Greg Cipes (Teen Titans, The Lego Movie) is in Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
Honda's Oculus Adventure
- MCM eSports Powered by ESL - MCM Expo Group has recently partnered with the Electronic Sports League (ESL), who will be producing the Razer-sponsored League of Legends Invitational and Open Tournaments taking place across comic con weekend.
- Honda's anime-inspired motorcycle – the NM4 Vultus – will be making its European public debut at MCM London Comic Con this weekend ...and thanks to the Oculus Rift, visitors will be able to put the ground-breaking bike through its paces with a virtual ride through the neon streets of Neo Tokyo. The NM4 Vultus' Japanese creators will also be at the show to meet visitors and explain the concept behind the über cool motorcycle at first hand.
For MCM London Comic Con tickets, visit: www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/tickets
YouTube at www.youtube.com/mcmexpo